" Sustainability should be second nature to our business practices and intent. " M3D strives to help others achieve this goal. That's our vocation and our expertise.
New York City’s first LEED Platinum residential building The Visionaire is located in lower Manhattan and was designed by Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects. It’s a 33 story building with 251 condominiums. The building houses condos from studio to three bedroom residences that start at $690,000 for a 605 square foot studio and go up to $3M for 2,000 square foot 3 bed room. The average price per square foot for the sale of the units is $1,205. The cost of these apartments is comparable to other in the area but if these apartments are rented, they can bring in $10,000 a month for a 3 bedroom, which is 10% higher than other similar rentals in the area.
The building boasts of amenities including a doorman and 24-hour concierge, a fitness center with skylit swimming pool, a children’s playroom, bicycle storage, 24-hour valet parking garage, residents-only lounge for entertaining with natural gas fireplace, pool table and screening room, and a lobby with a 12-foot tropical aquarium. The building sits right on the waterfront of Battery Park, offering incredible views of the water. The Visionaire, it’s just a short walk to Tribeca, the Financial District and tons of fine restaurants and shops. The building was named one of the top ten developments in the Americas by the Urban Land Institute.
- o – Smart Corridors – Occupancy sensors and timers on common areas
- o – Eco Materials – from bamboo, use of recycled materials, FSC woods, to low VOC paints, adhesives and sealants and more.
- o – A fresh-air filtration system that continuously replenishes and cleanses the air that is heated and humidified during cold weather, and cooled and dehumidified in summer month.
- o – An in-building wastewater treatment system that supplies toilets and central air conditioning unites.
- o – Digital programmable thermostat control in each unit
- o – Central water filtration system that filters city water before it arrives at all faucets
- o – Built-in waste disposal unites in the kitchen reduce solid waste
- o – Energy Star appliances
LEED Platinum is the highest level of certification a building perusing LEED can achieve. I get a lot of people saying how hard it is to achieve this level of certification but I say back to them “If It Can Happen Here, It Can Happen Anywhere”.